Terms and Conditions
1. The grant is made only for the purposes as agreed by the Charity and awards are based upon the information supplied in your application.
2. Grant holders must request the Charity’s permission before implementing any variations. The Charity reserves the right to claim back any grant or part of a grant which has not been used for the purposes agreed.
3. Grant holders must inform the Charity of any underspend in a grant and any decision to claim back the grant or any part of a grant shall be at the sole discretion of the Trust.
4. Organisations must keep proper and up-to-date records and accounts that show how the grant is being used. The financial records should be available to representatives of the Charity for inspection at reasonable notice.
5. Grants should be spent within one year of being awarded. A report on how the grant has been spent and what has been achieved will be required. A monitoring form for this purpose will be supplied.
6. Signed annual accounts showing the grant must be sent to the Charity within 9 months of the end of the organisation’s financial year.
7. Payments of future grants are subject to availability of funds.
8. Grant holders must obtain the prior written consent of the Charity before disposing of any capital equipment bought with a grant. This will apply for a period of two years after the grant has been made.
9. The Charity normally expects grant holders to acknowledge its support wherever appropriate and can supply a logo for this purpose. Organisations must acknowledge the support of the Charity in their Annual Report.
10. Organisations and individuals will be expected to repay grants if they are found to have acted fraudulently or negligently. Any inaccurate disclosure or failure to disclose relevant information requested, will be grounds for seeking immediate repayment of any grant made. Any decision to claim back the grant or any part of the grant shall be at the sole discretion of the Charity.
11. Grants will be paid by direct credit transfer to an organisation’s or individual’s bank or building society account. A cancelled specimen cheque, or equivalent proof of account details, must be provided with your application form.
12. The grant is for the use of a particular organisation or individual and must not be given, or transferred, to any third party.
13. Any grant awarded cannot be used to pay for expenditure incurred or committed prior to the date of the grant notification letter.